New Harbor is Hiring!
July 10, 2017 / Firm Updates
New Harbor Capital is looking for an experienced professional to join our team. Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VP/Director of Portfolio Accounting
Chicago-based private equity firm New Harbor Capital is looking for a VP/Director of Portfolio Accounting to join our team to oversee the accounting and finance functions at the portfolio company level. The candidate will have excellent communication skills to work with our portfolio company CFOs and finance departments to develop and coordinate accounting and financial systems and controls. This job requires attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadline sensitivity and adherence to standards and policies. The ideal candidate will have the skills to train, teach and motivate a portfolio team through audits, systems implementations and finance and accounting challenges.
The VP/Director of Research will report to the firm’s Partners and assume the following key responsibilities:
- Manage multiple projects for multiple teams with varying time constraints
- Serve as the liaison between the portfolio company finance/accounting departments and the New Harbor investment team
- Oversee ongoing finance/accounting functions as well as possible acquisition integrations
- Identify and coordinate process improvement initiatives
- Public accounting experience
- Transaction due diligence experience
- Audit experience
- Systems implementation experience
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years work experience
- Title dependent on experience and education